One nation under Jurgen Klinsmann with dreams of goals for all



Got a tip. comment, criticism, idea, or suggestion email us at redwhiteandbluearmy@gmail.com

Monday, March 21, 2011

Charlie Davies makes a memorable MLS debut

If you're like me, you probably missed it over the weekend as you were caught in the wonders of March Madness.

Thanks to the magic of the interwebs and Deadspin-one of my all-time favorite sites-I was able to see Charlie Davies' awesome debut with DC United from Saturday night against Columbus.



As you can see, the former Boston College star put in two goals (a penalty kick and a sweet shot in the run of play) and punctuated them with his favorite celebration (the stanky leg).

Like always, I could honestly care less about MLS but if Davies can continue to find his game, I will definitely start to tune in. That's a promise. If you're a U.S. fan and/or a New Englander, you can't help but root for this local guy.

FYI: Davies also launched a new website cdavies9.com. Check it out, looks pretty slick (and no he didn't pay me to plug it or say that).

No comments:

Post a Comment